Thread: Smash Switch

Smash Switch

Might as well drum up a Smash for Switch discussion thread which most people are looking forward to. I'm sure most of us have seen the reveal trailer by now, so what are you looking forward to?

Obviously the reveal doesn't show a whole lot other than a new character everyone was basically expecting. But obviously you have some new updates hinted at like the BotW Link silhouette which makes a lot of sense.

What are some of the newcomers you're expecting? What newcomers do you want? Who do you want to return? Stages?

It's Smash baby! This is probably the most hyped speculation train of a game since the last smash games.

But seriously though Sakurai, where is my Isaac reveal?
    "Hope is a waking dream" - Aristotle

It's gonna be a ride. We don't even know if it's Smash 5 or a Switch Smash 4 with add-ons.
    Really hoping to see some news in two months or so with the E3 Presentation. My dream reveal would be Fawful (like they don't have enough Mario reps).

Some people have assume that it is a new game, pointing out that the copyright year shown says 2018 instead of 2014-2018. Since Smash 4 came out in 2014, it would make sense for it to be a port if the year of copyright included that, but it does not.
    Last edited by SuperBro.BrawlerKart; 04-21-2018 at 03:18 PM.

Blog Entries
    I want to see Knuckles, Dr. Robotnik, Protoman, GutsMan, and some more classic 3rd Party characters.
    and I bed CRASH will be in it, as the Crash collection is coming to Switch soon.

The potential of having Mario, Pacman, Sonic, Mega Man AND Crash in a Smash bros game will basically prove Nintendo will own the fighting genre once again.
    FyreeTSG

Elemental Comics Brand Owner
    Animator, Artist, Author, ACNL Guru
    Check my Youtube/IMDb/LinkedIn

I don't know what to say about this honestly. Not only was it not made clear if it is a port with new characters, but they made it seem like it was a new one...releasing THIS YEAR no less. I don't see why Nintendo would make a new one and not give a hint of it sooner than this to increase sales during the holiday season in anticipation of this as that would have further increased the sales just from anticipating. I'm worried that if it is a port to Switch but with DLC, then people would feel they were sold short but i don't know. Nintendo has a talent for making profits off of hype alone. Look at me. I want a switch more than ever in anticipation of Metroid Prime 4 alone...and I was only shown a logo for 30 seconds of it and nothing to go on too! We'll see. Here is to hoping the fans don't get disappointed and Nintendo knows what they are doing. Either way, will be interesting to see hwat kind of play style Splatoon characters can bring to the mix.

(please let us have more metroid characters...not another mario ffs)

~All fun and games until RNGesus screws you over~
    Trust is earned, not given. | Cherish your loved ones. You never know when today may be their last.

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I'm w/ you Z, I don't want it to be like how they screwed Wii U owners of MK8, and gave the SUPERIOR version "deluxe" to Switch.
    I'd want a FULL new Smash, and not a re-port. That's basically Nintendo doing the one thing they've never really done, something Sony and Microsoft DO, and that's rehash and re-release a fairly NEW game onto a new console, but never really make it anything BUT a previous edition with some NEW add-ons/DLC. Cause it's a slap in the face to the owners of the "old" console and game version.

Make SSB Switch A FULL game. Don't release it NOW, or even early 2019. Make it a PROPER game. Fully developed. Give it till 2020, I think SSB Wii U/3DS can support enough of our need to SMASH each other. Don't do what you all did with MK8 "Deluxe", because that was really just a money grab for Switch buyers early-on(not trying to be too harsh, but just honest). The Switch is now the hottest system out there, and is MAKING the money Nintendo lost on Wii U. So just make a Switch SMASH it's own thing. Please.

It'll sell regardless, but don't just UPGRADE the still relevant versions, with some add-ons, just to make bank.
    FyreeTSG

Elemental Comics Brand Owner
    Animator, Artist, Author, ACNL Guru
    Check my Youtube/IMDb/LinkedIn